Bio-One of Poway is a specialist in odor removal services and remediation. Our technicians use the latest techniques and most advanced procedures to restore your home or business, whether it's from cooking, pets, smoking, or odors that are simply hard to get rid of.
Like most people, you probably don't enjoy having unpleasant odors in your home or business. After all, who wants to smell something unpleasant? Unfortunately, sometimes bad smells are more than just an irritating problem, as pervasive odors can harm your health.
Removing odors from your home or business can result in costly repairs if not done correctly. But you can do things to fight back an odor problem, and you don't have to put up with them. In this blog post, we'll share tips on getting rid of foul odors in your home or business.
What are some of the most common odors people experience in their homes and businesses?
There are many different odors that people experience in their homes and businesses. Here are some of the most common:
- Cooking smells - When you're cooking, some of the smells will inevitably waft through your home or business. While some people enjoy the smell of cooking, others find it overpowering. Spoiled food can bring strong odors to your home or business, so hygiene is always important.
- Pet Odors - Pets can leave behind strong odors to get rid of, primarily through their pet urine and feces, resulting in disease spreading and infections from ammonia and carbon dioxide if left unattended.
- Smoking - Tobacco smoke and cigarette smoke can linger in your home or business for long periods, drastically affecting indoor air quality and creating potentially life-threatening environments. These two require special techniques to remove them and adequately remediate these odor molecules' areas.
Odors from potentially biohazardous situations
- Spills and accidents - Odorous substances are difficult to remove. When a house or property has been impacted by crime or trauma, professionals should clean the aftermath, as exposure to bloodborne and airborne pathogens is at risk.
- Unattended death - The sight and smell of an unattended death can be overwhelming. Our certified technicians will quickly decontaminate the scene and remove all evidence from porous surfaces and the environment.
- Mold and mildew - Mold and mildew can create musty, unpleasant smells. If left untreated, they can also cause serious health problems, so it's important to kill odor-causing bacteria and mold growth. Our technicians use EPA-approved products to safely and effectively remove mold and mildew from your property.
These are just a few of the most common odors people experience in their homes and businesses. If you're dealing with any of these odors, or other tough-to-remove smells, Bio-One can help.
Why are these odors a problem?
Strong odors can be unpleasant, but they might also signify the presence of hazardous materials like bacteria and dangerous gases. If you suspect harmful odors on your property, you might want to consider hiring professionals.
What can you do to get rid of unpleasant odors?
Getting rid of unwanted odors in your home or business can be challenging, especially if you don't know where the odor might be coming from or don't have the necessary equipment to tackle the issue. However, there are simple house tips to help remove odors if you at least know the source:
Identify and remove the source
Knowing what to do to remove the odor will be much easier if you manage to identify the source. For example, if trash is the issue, be sure to take it out more often and/or invest in a better-quality garbage can with a lid that seals tightly. If the odor is coming from your drains, pour boiling water down them once a week to help keep them clean and odor-free.
Ventilate the area
Open windows and doors to allow fresh air to circulate. This will help to remove odor-causing pollutants from the air.
Clean surfaces with special odor-removal disinfectants
Thoroughly clean all surfaces that may be contributing to the odor, like carpets, upholstery, and clothing. Use odor removal disinfectants specifically designed to remove odors rather than regular cleaning products.
Use air purifiers and odor-absorbing materials
Air purifiers can help remove odor-causing particles from the air, while odor-absorbing materials such as activated charcoal can help trap odors.
Try natural odor-removal methods
You can try many natural odor-removal methods, including vinegar, baking soda, and coffee grounds. White vinegar, in particular, is a natural odor remover. Mix equal parts of vinegar and water in a spray bottle and mist the smelly area.
If you feel overwhelmed, consider hiring Bio-One's odor removal services
Our experts in the Poway and San Diego County area are trained to tackle any odor removal services situation. We take care of everything: determine the source of the smell, decontaminate it, and safely dispose of hazardous remnants. We use methods to remove toxic odors found in everything from crime scenes to mold, spills, and litter.
Help First, Business Second!
Bio-One is always ready to react to unanticipated events like death, significant accidents, and hazardous situations. In the following areas of San Diego County, we provide cleaning and restoration services:
- Crime and trauma scene cleanup
- Blood and bodily fluids cleanup
- Suicide cleanup
- Homicide cleanup
- Unattended death cleanup
- Biohazard cleanup
- Feces and bodily fluids cleanup
- Mold Remediation
- Odor removal
- Virus Disinfection
- Fentanyl cleanup
- Emergency vehicle decontamination
- Sewage backup cleanup
- Medical Waste disposal
Hoarding Cleanup Services
- Hoarding cleanup services
- Animal hoarding cleanup
- Junk removal
- Deep cleaning
- Gross filth cleanup
- Hazardous waste removal
- Homeless encampment cleanup
Your Local Last Responder for Life's Most Difficult Situations
Bio-One is the finest choice for assisting victims and their families if a suicide, homicide, unattended death, crime scene, or traumatic situation occurs. In addition to emergency services, Bio-One, a locally-owned company, also offers biohazard cleanup services for commercial and residential properties.
We understand that biohazardous material can be a great source of stress for property owners, so we work quickly and efficiently to minimize the disruption it causes.
We collaborate with local law enforcement, neighborhoods, emergency services personnel, victim support organizations, hoarding task forces, apartment complexes, insurance company carriers, and others to provide the best service possible.
Proudly Serving San Diego County & Surrounding Communities
We proudly serve the following San Diego County, CA cities and surrounding communities: Cardiff, Del Mar, Descanso, El Cajon, Encinitas, Escondido, Julian, La Jolla, Lakeside, Mount Laguna, Poway, Ramona, Rancho Santa Fe, San Diego, Santee, and Solana Beach.
Bio-One of Poway is a proud member of the Poway Chamber of Commerce. Our cleaning services are available 24/7, 365 days a year. We have the expertise to remove and safely dispose of clutter and debris from your home or office. Give us a call at 858-261-4527.