Bio-One of Poway, a micro-certified mold inspection and remediation company, understands the dangers associated with mold exposure. Our specialists are trained to restore areas from mold damage properly. Whether it’s in your kitchen, bathroom, basement, garage, or indoor spaces, professionals should clean the mold to guarantee that spores will not cause mold to grow in the future. The most effective way to prevent mold growth is by controlling humidity and moisture levels.
Mold is part of the natural environment, it has been around long before we humans, and it’s a fundamental piece of the ecosystem. As part of the fungus kingdom, molds control environments by decomposing dead animals, leaves and trees, and other organic material.
Mold grows by spreading tiny reproductive spores that easily travel through the air and land into humid areas and dead matter. It’s impossible to control these spores from entering our houses, and they don’t represent a problem for health as long as humidity levels are controlled.
There are over 100.000 types of mold: some are dangerous, others toxic, and a percentage of these types of mold have been proven to pose negative health effects on humans exposed to them. Mold produces allergens that may be toxic for people with a compromised immune system and people with respiratory health conditions like asthma or allergies.
Prevent mold growth in your kitchen area
- Check inside kitchen cabinets and under the sink for water leaks and broken pipes. Mold requires only two things for growing and dissemination: water and organic matter. Promptly fix any water-related damage to prevent mold from growing inside the kitchen cabinets and drawers. Mold consumes the surface where it’s growing. You want to prevent mold in your kitchen by fixing these issues quickly.
- Regularly clean your fridge and other food storage areas. Mold will grow on spoiled food and food left out in the open. Not only will this attract mold, but it will also create rodent and pest infestations.
If you’re dealing with mold in your kitchen, you want to clean it up as quickly as possible. Check EPA’s guidelines on how to clean up mold properly. If this is too stressful or overwhelming, don’t hesitate to call Bio-One of Poway. We are always ready to help you.
Prevent mold growth mold in your bathroom
- Control dampness in your bathroom. Installing a bath exhaust fan in your bathroom is the best way to control dampness and humidity in that area. The size of your bathroom will determine which model is the most adequate. If you have a bath exhaust fan, but mold keeps growing in your walls, tile grouts, and caulk, contact your contractor and have them revise and fix it, if necessary.
- Avoid leaving wet towels and damp carpets in the bathroom. Mold spores will land in the most humid areas of the house. Hang your towel in a ventilated area, and avoid damp carpets at all costs. Take them outside and wash them regularly.
- Keep your bathroom clean. It might sound obvious, but maintaining optimal hygiene levels in your bathroom will prevent mold from growing. At the end of the day, mold is a fungus, and it will thrive in poorly ventilated, undisinfectd areas.
If you keep dealing with mold in your bathroom, it is best to hire a specialist to inspect the rooms and check the humidity levels in your house. If there is any damage due to water leaks or broken pipes, Bio-One of Poway can help you.
Prevent mold growth in your basement
- Look for possible water damage. Mold will grow in places with high levels of humidity and dampness. Promptly fix water leaks from HVAC systems, laundry areas, and plumbing, and also seal any gaps where water may slip through.
- Check your house foundations. Mold in the basement is a result of moisture and water damage. If your house foundations show signs of mold damage, be prompt in hiring a contractor to fix those issues immediately.
Bio-One - Micro Certified Mold Inspection and Remediation Contractors
If you’re dealing with mold in your kitchen, bathroom, basement, or garage, you want to hire a company that helps you not only clean up mold from these areas but also provides you with insights on what the cause of mold damage might be and how to prevent it in the future. Bio-One of Poway’s certified technicians are prepared to help you clean up mold from your house or property.
Our technicians are trained to look inside the most complex areas where mold may be hidden. We take care of discarding items and tearing down areas that may be irreversibly damaged by mold. Sometimes, mold remediation entails home restoration and repairs. It will depend on the level of mold damage. Bio-One of Poway works with constructors and third-party companies to provide you with the most efficient and complete job possible.
Help First, Business Second!
Bio-One is always ready to react to unanticipated events like death, significant accidents, and hazardous situations. In the following areas of San Diego County, we provide cleaning and restoration services:
- Crime and trauma scene cleanup
- Blood and bodily fluids cleanup
- Suicide cleanup
- Homicide cleanup
- Unattended death cleanup
- Biohazard cleanup
- Feces and bodily fluids cleanup
- Mold Remediation
- Odor removal
- Virus Disinfection
- Fentanyl cleanup
- Emergency vehicle decontamination
- Sewage backup cleanup
- Medical Waste disposal
Hoarding Cleanup Services
- Hoarding cleanup services
- Animal hoarding cleanup
- Junk removal
- Deep cleaning
- Gross filth cleanup
- Hazardous waste removal
- Homeless encampment cleanup
Your Local Last Responder for Life's Most Difficult Situations
Bio-One is the finest choice for assisting victims and their families if a suicide, homicide, unattended death, crime scene, or traumatic situation occurs. In addition to emergency services, Bio-One, a locally-owned company, also offers biohazard cleanup services for commercial and residential properties.
We understand that biohazardous material can be a great source of stress for property owners, so we work quickly and efficiently to minimize the disruption it causes.
We collaborate with local law enforcement, neighborhoods, emergency services personnel, victim support organizations, hoarding task forces, apartment complexes, insurance company carriers, and others to provide the best service possible.
Proudly Serving San Diego County & Surrounding Communities
We proudly serve the following San Diego County, CA cities and surrounding communities: Cardiff, Del Mar, Descanso, El Cajon, Encinitas, Escondido, Julian, La Jolla, Lakeside, Mount Laguna, Poway, Ramona, Rancho Santa Fe, San Diego, Santee, and Solana Beach.